We encourage commenters to engage in open, tolerant and respectful debate. Our aim is to create a space where everyone feels welcome and safe. While we understand that many of our readers feel more comfortable writing in Russia, we ask that you post all comments in English to ensure a fluent debate.
The Calvert Journal operates a post-publication moderation policy. We reserve the right to delete comments that do not conform to the following guidelines, without informing the user. We will ban users who break the rules, particularly in the case of repeated offences.
We strictly prohibit comments that are:
- Incitements to violence
- Incitements to discrimination on grounds of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or nationality
- Violations of other people’s right to privacy and relevant data protection laws
- Infringements of copyright, trademark or similar intellectual property rights
- In contempt of court
- Impersonations of other people
- Promotional material, including spam
- Deliberate provocation (trolling), off-topic posts, flame wars, personal abuse, excessive profanity